SALES ALLIANCE MANAGEMENT
Distributors, sales agents, resellers, and value-added integration companies can be a significant driver of revenue. TechVM builds a network of sales partners, develops channel programs that motivate them to sell your products, and drives business development and sales activities. With TechVM managing your partners, you will have more time to focus on your in-house sales team and Tier 1 accounts.
KEY FOCUS AREAS INCLUDE
- Build an alliance network of distributors, manufacturer representatives, and value-added resellers by identifying, qualifying, and recruiting key sales partners with target market expertise, service capabilities, and customer reach.
- Define, document, and maintain strategic alliance business plans with global sales partners that:
- State your specific revenue goals and design-win objectives.
- Establish formal sales and market penetration programs that align and drive partner business development, marketing, sales, and support activities to your strategy and direction.
- Establish an agreed-upon process by which partner performance is measured (revenue, design wins, etc.).
- Define the rewards that drive partners toward meeting and exceeding goals (preferred partner status, sales margin rewards, partner recognition programs, etc.).
- Increase sales and market penetration, improve your bottom-line business results, and enable long-term repeat business.
- Execute and manage alliances, gaining partner commitment to the relationship.
- Manage and optimize partner on-boarding activity.
- Enablement: Ensure partner has necessary marketing materials, sales tools, and support infrastructure.
- Training: Ensure partner is well versed on your products and capabilities so your message is communicated effectively to customers.
- Promote partnerships within your company for the purpose of increasing sales visibility and reducing costs and TTM.
- Plan, drive, and champion joint marketing, business development, and sales programs that:
- Include referral influence, co-sell, demand creation, and reseller programs.
- Provide clearly documented objectives and confirm all parties are in alignment.
- Extend and promote the partner relationship to new prospects and markets, driving revenue generation.
- Detail sales goals, partner performance metrics, and reward incentives.
- Plan and drive the development of turnkey technology solutions that would not be possible without partner involvement.
- Develop the value proposition and document features, performance, benefits, competitive advantages, and sales strategies for executive endorsement and sales messaging.
- Document the full business plan including revenue impact, development costs, cross-dependencies, development milestones, TTM, recurring expenses, and support plans.
- Clearly delineate responsibilities among all parties, detailing line item expectations and responsibilities.
- Establish and enable processes for cross-leveraging infrastructures, sales channels, and market reach of both parties, detailing:
- A statement of cash flows, identifying those parties with end responsibility for costs associated with shipping and taxes.
- Logistics associated with sales, order-entry, product shipment, support, and product returns.
- Communicate sales successes and failures, detailing product strengths leading to wins and deficiencies impeding sales.
- Utilize your CRM reporting tools for opportunity visibility so you can accurately forecast sales and manufacturing demand.
- Forecast return on investment of each partner/program, accompanied with:
- Quantified and detailed business value of each engagement.
- Accurate tracking of resource allocation and deliverables.
- Statement of cash flows including: projected revenues, one-time development expenses, and recurring expenses associated with manufacturing, inventory management, maintenance, and support.
- Maintain active partner forecasts and provide regular reports on:
- Partner prospecting and lead generation activities.
- Partner opportunity pipeline and forecast.
- Forecasts by customer, detailing each opportunity and how your products/services fit into customer solutions.
- POA and POS forecasts for each partner.
- Reconcile accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing, backlog, and manufacturing requirements.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & SALES
- Identify new opportunities within target markets, leveraging partner offerings to define and develop turnkey solutions that meet target market needs and enable long-term, repeat business.
- Develop value proposition, messaging, and sales strategies for partners to use with prospects to ensure your product advantages and superiority are effectively communicated.
- Develop go-to-market initiatives and market entry strategies for partners to use to pursue opportunities.
- Participate in partner customer visits, documenting opportunity issues and risks and managing involvement of your technical resources.
- Develop and track pipeline associated with target partnerships, facilitating lead generation activities and sales follow-ups.
- Align and update partner POA and POS forecasts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Coordinate and participate in partner trade show activities, marketing campaigns, product seminars, and e-commerce/web strategies to promote joint solutions.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of targeted partner ecosystems through research and partner interactions.
- Utilize partner feedback to develop specific strategies for sales growth at joint customers and in target markets.
- Drive new partner market entry strategies, researching and documenting:
- TAM and SAM.
- Characteristics of target customers.
- Product functionality requirements.
- Performance requirements.
- SWOT analysis.
- Key required partnerships.
- Product positioning & pricing.
- Sales channels.
- Cost structures.
- Lead and facilitate formal and informal partner reviews with CxO, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering groups.
- Build and strengthen relationships with partners, gaining partner commitment to sell your solutions as their preferred offering.
- Align partners with the alliance/business plan and your current strategic goals, providing guidance and positive direction.
- Define, document, and gain consensus on expectations and metrics by which performance will be measured (revenue, sales registrations, and design win status).
- Drive global partners toward meeting and exceeding sales goals with incentive programs (preferred partner status, participating in joint development and promotional programs, sales margin rewards, etc.).
- Identify impediments impacting sales effectiveness, developing a clear action plans to overcome obstacles.
- Identify new opportunities for partner programs that expand market penetration and increase sales
- Identify new and unexposed opportunities within target accounts.
- Lead negotiations of detail-oriented, highly technical, multi-party contracts that align partners to your needs and achieve your specified goals:
- Commitment to sell your products and services as preferred solutions.
- Development of platforms that serve target markets based on your products.
- Ensure partner provides customer support services.
- Working with the legal team, establish standards based agreements for use with partners that clearly define partnership business and technical terms, minimizing contract amendments.
- Renegotiate existing partnerships for the purposes of maintaining alignment with your current strategy and reducing costs associated with royalties, inventory management, returns, warehousing, shipment, consignment, etc.
- Minimize legal fees by obtaining agreement on business and technical engagement plans prior to involving legal counsel.