Selling into the New England market requires extensive technology knowledge and a strong sales process. TechVM’s highly technical and experienced sales representatives deliver both, while keeping an eye on your long-term strategic roadmap to leverage future penetration. With TechVM as your manufacturer’s representative, the most technical and complex solutions are positioned and sold in the most effective manner.
KEY FOCUS AREAS INCLUDE
- Develop and execute lead generation activities, outbound prospecting, lead qualification efforts, and opportunity identification.
- Articulate and present your company overview, technology offerings, and product positioning to business and technical influencers and decision makers.
- Serve as your product specialist and business advocate.
- Lead and influence the customer decision process.
- Act as a resource that provides professional business and technical advice to customers.
- Solve customer needs and long-term strategic goals with your products and services.
- Plan, drive, and champion multi-party development programs that solve customer needs.
- Develop proactive solutions/proposals and responses to RFIs, RFQs and RFPs to secure new accounts.
- Process quotes, sample requests, and orders.
- Reduce support requirements by providing first-level customer support.
- Increase sales and market penetration, improving bottom-line business results and enabling long-term repeat business.
- Communicate sales successes and failures, detailing product strengths leading to wins and deficiencies impeding sales.
- Utilize your sales CRM reporting tools for opportunity visibility so you can accurately forecast sales and manufacturing demand.
- Maintain active forecasts and provide regular reports on:
- Prospecting and lead-generation activities.
- Opportunity pipeline and forecast.
- Forecasts by customer, detailing each opportunity and how your products/services fit into customer solutions.
- POA and POS forecasts.
- Reconcile accounts receivables, accounts payable, invoicing, backlog, and manufacturing requirements.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & PLANNING
- Build and maintain strong relationships with influencers and decision makers, gaining commitment to your product offerings and achieving preferred supplier status.
- Develop account penetration plans, detailing:
- Key decision makers and influencers for each opportunity.
- Global opportunities at each account.
- Obstacles for each opportunity and strategies for overcoming them.
- Company structure, locations, and management hierarchy.
- Customer selection process and timeline, development timelines/schedules, product release date, and sustaining engineering expectations.
- Conduct strategic planning activities at target accounts, becoming involved in customer-confidential planning to ensure customer product and service needs are anticipated.
- Work with sales and engineering teams to ensure they are involved in customer activities to support and close sales opportunities.
- Manage the role of sales partners, brokering field-based sales relationships to identify and close joint sales opportunities.
TARGET MARKET PLANNING
- Work with internal resources to develop target market penetration plans that detail:
- Opportunities within target markets / geographies / accounts for existing and planned products.
- Customer value and economic drivers that influence the customer decision process.
- Key partners required for market success.
- Solutions requirements, including functionality, performance, I/O bandwidth, cost models, efficiency at performing customer task, etc.
- Competitor SWOT analysis.
- Provide customer feedback for the purpose of improving and adapting your product offerings to reflect market needs.
- Facilitate communications and relationships between key customers and your product line management to solidify relationships and help drive future product direction.
- Create short/mid/long-term business plans for identifying and winning opportunities at target markets and customers