PRODUCT ENGINEERING BENEFITS
Sales and technology partners can be a significant driver of revenue and cost reductions. TechVMs partner management services addresses the business and technical details of partner engagement, building, growing, and leveraging your partner resources, enabling you to focus more of your time and resources on core product differentiation. With broad market experience, TechVM tailors its services to meet your unique needs.
KEY FOCUS AREAS INCLUDE
- Build an alliance network of sales and technology partners by identifying, qualifying, and recruiting key partners with target market expertise, service capabilities, and customer reach.
- Define, document, and maintain strategic alliance business plans with global partners that:
- State you specific sales goals and technology development objectives.
- Establish formal technology development, sales, and market penetration programs that aligns and drives partner technology development, marketing, business development, and sales activities to your strategy and direction.
- Establish an agreed upon process by which partner performance is measured (revenue, design wins, on-time delivery, quality, etc.).
- Define the rewards that drive partners toward meeting and exceeding goals (preferred partner status, sales margin rewards, partner recognition programs, etc.).
- Increase sales and market penetration, decrease development costs and TTM, and improve your bottom-line business results.
- Execute and maintain alliances, gaining partner commitment to the relationship.
- Manage and optimize partner on-boarding activity:
- Enablement: Ensure partner has necessary marketing materials, sales tools, development platforms, and support infrastructure.
- Sales Training: Ensure partner is well versed on your products and capabilities so your message is communicated effectively to customers.
- Technology Training: Ensuring partner is versed on your coding style, quality standards, and your expectations on delivery and engagement practices.
- Promote partnerships within your company for the purpose of increasing visibility of partner offerings and reducing costs and TTM.
SALES PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Plan, drive, and champion joint marketing, business development, and sales programs that:
- Include referral influence, co-sell, demand creation, and reseller programs.
- Provide clearly documented objectives and confirm all parties are in alignment.
- Extend and promote the partner relationship to new prospects and markets, driving revenue generation.
- Detail sales goals, partner performance metrics, and reward incentives.
- Establish and enable processes for cross-leveraging infrastructures, sales channels, and market reach of both parties, detailing:
- A statement of cashflows, identifying those parties with end responsibility for costs associated with shipping and taxes.
- Logistics associated with order-entry, product shipment, support, and product returns.
- Negotiate detail-oriented, highly technical, multi-party contracts that align partners to your needs and achieve your goals:
- Commitment to develop platforms for target markets.
- Warranty protection, including maintenance, bug fix, and support services.
- Stated quality standards.
- Detail and document the scope of projects, including:
- Engineering specifications and performance requirements (processor utilization, memory utilization, sampling rate, sampling resolution, I/O bandwidth, etc.).
- Format of deliverables (source code, object code, linkable libraries, RTL, Verilog, etc.).
- Responsibilities clearly delineated for all parties.
- Compliance with industry standards, open source licenses, and coding style guides.
- Development schedules detailing milestone deliveries for each party.
- Acceptance criteria and process by which milestone deliverables are evaluated.
- Payment terms tied to milestone completion.
- Secure ownership and license rights:
- Upfront documented clarity on ownership of deliverables and derivative works.
- Development rights to modify, reproduce, and create derivative works of deliverables.
- Distribution rights to sell, distribute, and otherwise transfer deliverables to consultants, site locations, sales channels, and customers.
- Working with the legal team, establish standards based agreements for use with partners that clearly define partnership business and technical terms, minimizing contract amendments.
- Re-negotiate existing partnerships to maintain alignment with your current strategy and reduce costs associated with royalties, inventory management, returns, warehousing, shipment, consignment, etc.
- Minimize legal fees by obtaining upfront agreement on business and technology engagement details prior to legal resource involvement.
TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Plan, drive, and champion highly technical, multi-party development programs that:
- Provide clearly documented objectives and confirm all parties are in alignment.
- Detail specifications, including processor, memory, I/O bandwidth, etc.
- Clearly delineate responsibilities. detail cross-dependencies, and validated timelines.
- Document risks and contingencies.
- Specify compliance requirements.
- Review and author engineering engagement plans, SOWs, RFPs, RFIs, product specifications, schedule of deliverables, and other related documents.
- Specify and document your conditions for acceptances and requirements for quality standards, inventory management, and support.
- Develop the value proposition and document features, performance, benefits, competitive advantages, sales forecasts, and TTM for executive endorsement.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to provide a financial forecast of each program that includes:
- Quantified and detailed business value of each engagement.
- Accurate tracking of resource allocation and deliverables.
- Statement of cash flows, including: projected revenue impact, one-time development expenses and recurring expenses associated with manufacturing, inventory management, maintenance, and support.
- Collaboratively work with your teams to plan and forecast technology requirements to provide and early framework for:
- Specifying key partner technology development requirements, detailing performance requirements, memory and processor efficiency goals, interface bandwidth, etc.
- Identifying partners and alternatives with capabilities to deliver products and services that meet your requirements.
- Developing business and costs models that align partner technology development with your strategic direction.
- Driving partners from around the world to prepare for and develop your roadmap requirements.
- Drive new partner market entry strategies, researching and documenting:
- TAM and SAM.
- Characteristics of target customers.
- Product functionality requirements.
- Performance requirements.
- SWOT analysis.
- Key required partnerships.
- Product positioning.
- Sales channels.
- Cost structures.
- Known licensing bodies.
- Facilitate communications and relationships between key partners and your team to solidify the relationship and help drive future product direction.
- Build and strengthen influential relationships with partners, gaining partner commitment to:
- Sell your products as the preferred offering.
- Develop product and service offerings that meet your technology requirements.
- Lead and facilitate formal and informal partner reviews with CxO, Marketing, and Engineering groups:
- Align partners to the alliance/business plan and your current strategic goals, providing guidance and positive direction.
- Define, document, and gain consensus on expectations and metrics by which performance will be measured (sales revenue, on-time delivery, quality, compliance to industry standards, and passing your acceptance testing).
- Drive global partners toward meeting and exceeding your sales and development goals with incentive programs (preferred partner status, participation in joint development and promotional programs, financial rewards, etc.).
- Identify impediments impacting sales effectiveness and development schedules, developing a clear action plans to overcome obstacles.
- Identify new opportunities for partner programs that expand market penetration, increase sales, decrease TTM, reduce costs, and provide new product functionality.
- Analyze how technologies are compiled, assembled, and linked to assess compliance requirements of partner and open source licenses. Provide recommendations for achieving compliance if needed.
- Develop and implement compliance processes for handling highly confidential information, including tracking access, encryption, and other handling requirements.